Thursday, August 11, 2011

From digital to traditional...again

So a while ago I went school supply shopping (I very much love school supplies, by the way). And while there, I bought an extra binder, notebook paper, and 5 subject notebook. I also bought extra pencils and my aunt fixed my Hello Kitty mechanical pencil for me.

And lately I've been thinking about writing Magician's Daughter (current project) with paper and pencil instead of on the laptop.

This isn't really that concerning; I make this decision every time I get new notebooks and pencils XD

Yesterday I wrote some of MD in the binder and I think I just might make the switch, edit anything with red pen, and then write the final draft/second draft on the laptop. It seems fun and exciting somehow (but this is coming from me) and I like the idea a lot. And, Nancy Yi Fan (awesome author of Swordbird; I admire her. She published Swordbird at 12) has got me thinking about doing it, since she said that she liked to write in notebooks because on the computer it's really tempting to just hit the backspace bar and delete everything.

I've got my stuff spread out on my bed right now; laptop, notebooks, binder, one Ticonderoga pencil, one Hello Kitty mechanical pencil, pencil sharpener, notebook paper, and dictionoaries and Kindle.

Also, I downloaded "Woe is I" by Patricia O'Connor yesterday onto my Kindle. It's a step up from Woe is I Jr., that's for sure.

And uh...yeah :D

No comments:

Post a Comment