Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Going on hiatus

Okay, guys, so as many of you don't know, my birthday is on September 12! Lucky me, am I right?

Well, no, actually, non-existent audience. (I'm talking to myself...again.)

I have this weird, irrational fear of turning thirteen. And of aging in general (I was mortified when I turned twelve, and gave up my precious eleven-year old years), ever since I was eleven and a half. And...thirteen. Wow. I'm going to turn into a teenager. I won't be a kid anymore. Maybe I'm terrified of growing up?

And I guess that I'm terrified because I haven't finished my novel yet. Stupid, and vain, and shallow, I know. But...I've had this dream for along time. And though originally I hated turning twelve because then I wouldn't be published at eleven (I know, I know, shallow and stupid) I matured and grew to realize that it wasn't just that young author thing that made me terrified of growing up--it was losing my kidhood, too.

I'm really going to miss being a "kid." In a month I'll be a teenager.

So, I'm going on a month-long hiatus. I'm going to try and finish the first draft of Magician's Daughter before my birthday. I'll come back the day after, September 13, and tell you guys how that worked out. I think I'm taking a break from all Internet-related things.

1 comment:

  1. you have got to be kidding me, this is why you're going on hiatus lol?

    you have so much life left to live, I can't believe you're going to be hard on yourself for not having a manuscript complete by 13.

    seriously, 13?!

    at 13 I was starting my sophomore year of high school, I was in Girl Scouts, and I was all about hanging out with friends and piano recitals lol

    I did make the mistake though of putting too much pressure on myself about school and I made some stupid decisions that almost led to the end of Avox 17 :(

    looking back I realize the problems I thought I had at that age are so much smaller than the stuff I had to deal with as I grew up so go easy on yourself, and just relax

    besides if you accomplish everything now, what will you have left to do with the rest of your life

    ReplyDelete